Show reviews that mention
customer service service customer problem warranty phone repair products number support
Filter review

Sony tv bad optics block

i bought this junk tv about 2 years ago for about $3000. i have bought two bulbs thay cost $200 each it has cost nothing but money to keep it running now it needs a optics block it cost $1000 for the part if there are any lawers that read this there are 100's of sony tv that have the same problum these tv's have a factory defect when you call sony thay tell you there is nothing thay can do is there someone who can help us consumers who got screwed there sould a class action lawsuit taking aginst SONY Robert raooo5@***.com

SONY CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS AND I WAS RECENTLY THREATENED BY A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTAIVE WITH A LAW SUITE IF I WENT PUBLIC WITH THIS COMPLAINT. SO SONY LETS SEE IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO CARRY THRU ON YOUR REPS THREAT.

I purchased a Sony KDS-60AL120 three years ago that has required 3 projection bulbs in less than 3 years to be replace and now the optical block is going bad. The optical block cost $1,500 dollars and Sony is aware of the problem and recently lost a class action law suite pertaining to the optical block failure and is now offering 2 replacement television sets to consumers that own televisions with optical block failures. The consumers that have accepted this offer from Sony are rating these replacement television sets as being of a very poor quality for various reasons.

After several hours dealing with Sony customer service representatives I was threatened with legal action by Liz employee number C1LB on 1/5/2011 to stop me from going public with the fact that Sony knows they have a problem and that their customer service is the worse of the worst.

So Sony have at it and let’s just see who wins.

The Sony national customer service office is located in Ft Meyers Florida and the phone number is 1-80*-***-**** but don’t be surprised if you’re transferred to Manila Philippines. Anytime you call the priority support number at 239-768-**** your calling the Philippines.

The Sony Executive Offices are located at 550 Madison Ave New York NY and the phone number is 212-833-****. Howard Stringer the CEO of Sony is sheltered from the public but I’m still tracking down where he lives in New York and his personal address to make public.

Nicole Seligman Executive Vice President is also general council for Sony her extension is 43 and her administrative assistant would not even provide her name and never called me back as she said she would.

Robert Wiesenthal is the Group Executive and his extension is 7750,

his administrative assistant is Cathy and she took all the info and never called me back as she started she would. I had to run a game with the receptionist in order to get the extension number of the above individuals because they will not put you thru to these individuals otherwise.

The best thing I can advise anyone is DO NOT BUY SONY PRODUCTS because their customer service is the worst or the worst and I have the facts to prove it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Product
Sony Tv

Sony Handycam Not Compatible with MAC

I just want people to know that although the Sony Handycam may be a "great" camera, I wouldn't know because it is not compatible with my G5 Mac. I blame both Mac and Sony...why is it that Sony's Handycam is the only one that won't work with the Mac. I am being told that if I had the Intel chip in my Mac, it would work (which is basically telling me I need a PC). Come on...this just sucks!!! Do product designers not think about these issues? And once they realize the issue, shouldn't they work on solving it? I feel Sony should have a big red message on their product saying, "DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE A MAC!!!"

Whoever gave you that information is incorrect. you don't need a new computer,...maybe...

you need ilife '08. Ilife '08 is compatible with the Sony handycams

It means you need a newer mac, not necessarily a PC. Newer macs have Intel chips, older ones have PowerPC chips.

View more comments (1)
New York, New York

Sony Handycam stinks!

We bought the Sony Handycam at best buy. We later found out that it is not compatible with MAC os X. How can a company in the year 2007 make a product not compatible with MAC....especially for video and movies! Mac is famous for movie making!!!! We are additionally writing a letter to Best Buy. I am so disappointed with this aspect of the camera I can't see past it to evaluate the rest of the quality of the camera. It has no firewire port, again in the year 2007. We went on line and found over 10 people who had this same complaint with Sony and Best Buy.

I agree.. everyone knows when you buy a Mac the biggest pain in the *** is making sure anything you buy is compatible.

You should have informed the salesperson you were connecting it to a Mac and if they couldn't tell you it wasn't compatible then they are imcompetent. It shows on the handycam that it is only compatible with windows, Sony can't be at fault.

I think its not Sonys fault that you buy one of their products before checking its specifications first. It is like complaining that the Civic you got does not have an option to be run on electric or battery.

On the other hand, my 3 year old Handycam still works beautifully.

you are outdated. firewire is not in favor any more.

usb2 is faster.

mac is not necessary better in editing movie. you'll find avidemux a much better choice

View more comments (2)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Avoid Sony is no more realiable

I took a VGN SZ330p/B in the dec 2006. Ever since from the day i got, i had a problem with the screen last week when i turned in they sent me a bill of $700 for which i denied and asked them to sent it back. When i open the box i see that my laptop side fittings has not been fixed properly and the whole looks ugly. Customer service people at sony are really rude and rough they don't know how to talk with a customer Pls help me if any body know Sony CEO email address so that i can email him about my concern

I already knew not to buy a Sony television set after terrible experiences in the past. I bought a Sony TV for my parents about 20 years ago and after a year, the picture was green.

We had it fixed and a year later, the screen was green again. I never bought another one, but a friend bought one about 2 years ago and I ran into him last week and his screen is now green. It appears that Sony still cannot produce a good TV. I bought a Phillips 42" 1080P about a month ago and I am thrilled with it, but I got a Sony DVD Upconvert DVD-RW and I am less than pleased.

It stops recording after about 10 minutes (they have added some chip that won't allow it to record some programs) which makes the player virtually useless to me. I am now looking into getting a second DVD RW to supplement it.

I will never ever buy another Sony product again and I strongly urge everyone out there to stop purchasing Sony. It's just a name and not a very good one.

Albert Hall.....Just because you are a *** and didn't check the specifications or return policy before you buy you shouldn't hold the manufacturer or seller at fault. Everyone knows when you have a mac you always have to check for incompatibility. Also anyone with common sense checks return policies before buying,

I found out too late that my Sony Handycam bought from Amazon is not compatible with my G5. Now I am stuck with it. Amazon and Sony are now off my shopping list

View more comments (2)
Los Angeles, California

Sony Sucks

Bought a brand new DSC W80 Digital camera, it did not work when it came out of the box. After several phone calls and talking with people I could not understand, I was told to send in the camera for repairs!!! If I had wanted a refurbished camera I would have bought it on E- Bay for a fraction of the price. I will NEVER buy another Sony product!!! It is a shame to spend that much money on a new product that does not work. I am getting fed up beyond belief with the customer service reps that we are sujected to. They can at least put someone on the phone who understands and can speak English.
Tampa, Florida

Don't buy a Cybershot DSCT200 camera from Sony

My letter to Sony is below with all details The bottomline is - Sony provides very poor service - The Sony DSCT200 camera is fragile and expensive to repair Note: I did receive a call after I sent the letter - and while the caller was polite - the lack of service was consistent with what I experienced at all other levels TO: SONY – EXECUTIVE REVIEW COMMITTEE FROM: LINDA COHN SUBJECT: DSCT200 Camera and Customer Service DATE: 11/5/2007 I want to begin by apologizing for the length of this communication. This is the first letter of this type I have ever had to write and I definitely would not use my time or your time this way if there was another means to communicate my concerns to you. I bought my DSCT200 camera (shipped direct from Sony.com on Sept 11, 2007), with great expectations and anticipation immediately after reading a review in the San Francisco Chronicle technical/business section. When I received the camera and began using it, I found that I absolutely loved it…simple and intuitive to use, good quality pictures. I was a happy and vocal customer/Sony T200 camera advocate. In October, we went to friends’ wedding in Mexico where the camera was a bit of a hit. It seemed everyone was looking for their next digital camera update. Three days into the wedding party, a friend who was looking to buy a new camera asked if he could take a shot with it to see how he liked it. He knelt down to take a shot across the dinner table … and dropped the camera from just above table level and …the screen on my brand new camera was broken. I want to be clear at the outset (as I have read it myself and heard it repeatedly from your employees), I know what I am dealing with is not covered by warranty/policy – I am asking for an exception based on the following - Here are my concerns and where my expectations were not met: - This is a point and shoot, pocket-sized camera designed to go everywhere, to be convenient and, I would have expected, at least minimally resilient. Is there a design weakness with this model that had it break or was it just a very unlucky landing? o I have had digital cameras since whenever digital cameras became available, and while I am definitely not someone who is particularly rough on my cameras, over the years they do invariable suffer some sort of fall or impact – and never before has one broken o The camera was dropped from about 3 feet onto a wood floor o As we know from experience (and advertising), cameras, phones, laptops, mp3 players, etc. will get dropped at some point. As a customer I expected at least some minimal degree of hardiness - The cost to repair the camera was high o $211 to repair a camera for which had just paid $399 ($482 with memory stick, shipping etc) - When I spoke with Sony Repair, my choices were the proverbial rock or hard place: o Pay $211 and get my camera fixed so the camera now cost me about $700 (with shipping) o Don’t pay $211 and get back a broken camera that I paid $482 for  I approved the $211 as owning a $500 broken camera seemed like the worst of the two bad options - Customer Service seems not to be designed to serve the customer o Repair personnel stated that were not authorized to do anything other than provide the two options above, I had to call Customer Service o When I spoke to Customer Service – they were consistently polite, but of no service o One person took all my information and then said they could not help me, that they would transfer me to another person how could o The second person retook all the same information and then told me he could not help me o When I asked who I could speak with to resolve this, the second person said there was no manager or higher authority to speak to and when I asked how to reach the president of the company – he said to write a letter to this committee o There was no one I spoke who had the wherewithal/authority to do anything other than cite policy. No one had the authority to resolve my concerns on the spot o Finally, in a high-tech world, that I need to write to you via snail mail (no email option, no online chat option for this, no phone number) and that I need to send you copies of all the documents (documents that are issued by your company thus already on record there) seems to be saying that you don’t really want to hear from the me, the customer All this said, I have a request and a recommendation: My request is that you: 1) Refund the $211 repair charge 2) Let me know if this particular camera is especially fragile/prone to breaking or if I was just the victim of an unlucky hit. If it is prone to breaking, I would like to return it for a full refund and get another camera without this weakness My recommendation is: 1) Push down the decision making so that every one of your customer contact and Customer Service frontline people are empowered to make decisions to leave customers satisfied, most of us customers are not out to take advantage of you – the positive impression of your customer service will pay for itself 2) Provide easy access to the Executive Review Committee in the case that there are very expensive decisions you don’t want your frontline employees to make (I would not think $211 would fit in this category) 3) Make customer records readily available on all levels so that customers only have to give you information once Thank you for your patience and your consideration,
San Jose, California