2.0
Ease of Use
Style and Design

When I did the latest firmware update via the menu on my device the player would no longer read BluRay discs, it would read any other discs. On 9/1/2017 I contacted technical support.

I followed all the directions including doing a factory reset and a power reset via disconnecting the device. After doing this the player no longer would play DVDs or audio CDs now. The tech I spoke to said do to the nature being software in nature he was moving it up, and informed me in these circumstances the repair would be either free or reduced. I was told to look for en email from Sony by Tuesday.

That never arrived. This tech was helpful and understanding and made me feel like wow they are going above and beyond, I was super happy. I called today, the rep I spoke to contradicted everything I was told by the first rep, and given a new reference file, my original was evidently not correct. I was told the last tech did not follow procedure.

The tech made me feel like I was a liar, implying his notes disagreed with my account. He was shocked that I was told everything I was told, and said since the device is out of warranty I had to contact this outside provider, United Radio something. Well since this service provider is on east coast time I have to call during work hours which is not practical, and since they have no messaging service this means I can not speak to a representative. Furthermore, since this issue was caused by a software failure as a result of following your directions I should not be responsible for the full cost of the repair.

I have now in total spoken to four of your representatives, and each time I am told contradictory information. When I spoke to the first person I kept politely asking to talk with a manager or a supervisor. Then I asked if I could talk to someone in customer relations. I was being as polite and direct as possible, they insisted I had to follow their email system.

I just received the email back from them telling me the same information as tech number 2 and nothing else. I just want to speak to someone to tell them their software broke the player, and their directions to repair it made things worse.

Review about: Sony Home Theater Repair.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, changing policies, and no support for issues on their end. .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments