Manufacturing Defect in Sony Lens and Sony is silent

17 of 349 Sony reviews

I am writing to you in good faith. I have been a loyal Sony customer for last 25 years Over the years I have purchased SO MANY products from Sony, Professional, prosumer and consumer, Broadcast cameras and tape decks, Beta and SP and digital. Computers, TV's analog and digital, telephones, Stereos and mp3 players. The costs have been astounding for the products themselves but more so for support and upkeep. Sony WAS the brand to buy for professional equipment there was no other choice in the past. I used beta when it first came out. I also had products shipped directly to me from Japan because it was the most efficient way to get newer products. I learned that Sony was usually a BIT more expensive than other brands but it is because the quality was better even and have always been perfectly satisfied and happy with my purchase. This is the first time something like this has happened with one of your products and I intended to let you know

I have purchased a Sony Alpha mount lens 50mm with serial number 2004509 model number SAL50F18//C AE from Kerala (India) in the month of September 2015

Unfortunately, the item does not function at all in Auto focus mode, I have read through all the details within the accompanying instruction manual as well as worked through the various trouble shooting methods but it seems that the lens simply is a faulty product.

I have reached out to your Sony India Team for a replacement of the product with a new one but Unfortunately Team Sony (India) has not yet resolved the problem satisfactorily all I got as a response is some phone calls assuring me that my claim would be looked upon by competent authority.

I have Sony Camera accessories worth 600000 INR most of them being purchased from United kingdom I am satisfied with each of them other than the this particular lens purchased from India. I do understand failure may happen in some rare case but what hurts me more is the reluctant nature of Sony India Customer Service to resolve costumer's problem.

I am writing to you to intervene and help me to get a replacement of the faulty product (not repaired). This is not for I have spent 7999 INR in the faulty product but to keep my faith in one of the world best Brand.

Looking forward to hear from you in this regard.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sony Dt Sal50F18 F1 8 Sam Portrait Lens
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #796521 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sony? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
17 of 349 Sony reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.