I am writing to you in good faith. I have been a loyal Sony customer for last 25 years Over the years I have purchased SO MANY products from Sony, Professional, prosumer and consumer, Broadcast cameras and tape decks, Beta and SP and digital. Computers, TV's analog and digital, telephones, Stereos and mp3 players. The costs have been astounding for the products themselves but more so for support and upkeep. Sony WAS the brand to buy for professional equipment there was no other choice in the past. I used beta when it first came out. I also had products shipped directly to me from Japan because it was the most efficient way to get newer products. I learned that Sony was usually a BIT more expensive than other brands but it is because the quality was better even and have always been perfectly satisfied and happy with my purchase. This is the first time something like this has happened with one of your products and I intended to let you know
I have purchased a Sony Alpha mount lens 50mm with serial number 2004509 model number SAL50F18//C AE from Kerala (India) in the month of September 2015
Unfortunately, the item does not function at all in Auto focus mode, I have read through all the details within the accompanying instruction manual as well as worked through the various trouble shooting methods but it seems that the lens simply is a faulty product.
I have reached out to your Sony India Team for a replacement of the product with a new one but Unfortunately Team Sony (India) has not yet resolved the problem satisfactorily all I got as a response is some phone calls assuring me that my claim would be looked upon by competent authority.
I have Sony Camera accessories worth 600000 INR most of them being purchased from United kingdom I am satisfied with each of them other than the this particular lens purchased from India. I do understand failure may happen in some rare case but what hurts me more is the reluctant nature of Sony India Customer Service to resolve costumer's problem.
I am writing to you to intervene and help me to get a replacement of the faulty product (not repaired). This is not for I have spent 7999 INR in the faulty product but to keep my faith in one of the world best Brand.
Looking forward to hear from you in this regard.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sony Dt Sal50F18 F1 8 Sam Portrait Lens
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Sony Qualia 006, if you own one of these high end units you need to read the following link. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=498008&page=493 The Qualia 006 has a failing Optical Block, and..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "He's a big fraud, he will tell iPhone 5s/6/6-plus at cheaper rates like 400$, 600$.. Once you order for the mobiles, he will tell you to deposit 90$ as clearance..."
- "I ordered a bedsheet on pepperfry. I was not satisfied with the quality of the material. So I initiated a return by selecting an option in the dropdown "Ordered by..."
- "I don't want see this restaurant in foodpanda !!!!!!!! Biryani Treats at Bangalore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As per spoke your Senior Executive his Name Ayoush kumar what ever his ask to me send picture..."
- "Hello. I'm completely disappointed with this store. The worst costumer service I have ever experience. They're no interest in providing any help. I had ordered one pair of boots, but..."
- "I have a 96 f150 I bought 3rd hand. This year and model has a recall issued due to the part pictured catching fire. Since I am the 3rd owner..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."