I am writing to you in good faith. I have been a loyal Sony customer for last 25 years Over the years I have purchased SO MANY products from Sony, Professional, prosumer and consumer, Broadcast cameras and tape decks, Beta and SP and digital. Computers, TV's analog and digital, telephones, Stereos and mp3 players. The costs have been astounding for the products themselves but more so for support and upkeep. Sony WAS the brand to buy for professional equipment there was no other choice in the past. I used beta when it first came out. I also had products shipped directly to me from Japan because it was the most efficient way to get newer products. I learned that Sony was usually a BIT more expensive than other brands but it is because the quality was better even and have always been perfectly satisfied and happy with my purchase. This is the first time something like this has happened with one of your products and I intended to let you know
I have purchased a Sony Alpha mount lens 50mm with serial number 2004509 model number SAL50F18//C AE from Kerala (India) in the month of September 2015
Unfortunately, the item does not function at all in Auto focus mode, I have read through all the details within the accompanying instruction manual as well as worked through the various trouble shooting methods but it seems that the lens simply is a faulty product.
I have reached out to your Sony India Team for a replacement of the product with a new one but Unfortunately Team Sony (India) has not yet resolved the problem satisfactorily all I got as a response is some phone calls assuring me that my claim would be looked upon by competent authority.
I have Sony Camera accessories worth 600000 INR most of them being purchased from United kingdom I am satisfied with each of them other than the this particular lens purchased from India. I do understand failure may happen in some rare case but what hurts me more is the reluctant nature of Sony India Customer Service to resolve costumer's problem.
I am writing to you to intervene and help me to get a replacement of the faulty product (not repaired). This is not for I have spent 7999 INR in the faulty product but to keep my faith in one of the world best Brand.
Looking forward to hear from you in this regard.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sony Dt Sal50F18 F1 8 Sam Portrait Lens
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "Alright, I am a bright college graduate that got stuck in a small rural town taking care of my ill mother for the time being and "quick applied" on Career..."
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "My 4th followup !!! Can I know what is happening on my request to replace the wrong product delivered? How long will you will sit on this request? I raised this complaint..."
- "He's a big fraud, he will tell iPhone 5s/6/6-plus at cheaper rates like 400$, 600$.. Once you order for the mobiles, he will tell you to deposit 90$ as clearance..."
- "I don't want see this restaurant in foodpanda !!!!!!!! Biryani Treats at Bangalore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As per spoke your Senior Executive his Name Ayoush kumar what ever his ask to me send picture..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."