Verified Reviewer

3.4

Dear Sony

My name is Eric. I am an avid Sony products enthusiast and supporter for over 30 years.

I have owned Sony Trinitron TV's, ES standard Audio Video equipment, sony speakers and cameras. I am also the proud owner of the original Sony playstation and every console Sony has made since the first one introduced.

Recently, my son changed the login ID from my email to his own. Unfortunately that change caused all of the purchased games on our PS4 and PS3 to stop working. My son did not initially inform me that he had changed the login ID so when I received the confirmation email I clicked on the link which said "click here" if you did not request this change as I thought someone had accessed my account.

When I got online and was able to chat to an agent via the online chat forum, the agent said they would reset my password and I should be able to access the original account once the password had been changed. The agent said there would be a link in my email that I should click on and follow the steps. I did as she instructed and the email link brought me to a page which asked for additional security before resetting the password. The page had two options for verification, the first option was date of birth and the second asked for my favorite type of animal.

Unfortunately I don't seem to remember the answers which I entered when I first set up the account.

I attempted to contact another agent when I could not get through the verification screen for further assistance. The agent seemed helpful at first but we seemed to get cut-off after providing my email login ID. I tried reconnecting but received a message saying that I've already spoken to an agent today and to try back tomorrow. Every agent I have contacted since then for 4 days in a row seems to cut off our online sessions once they are given the online login ID.

They all send a message right before disconnecting support which says "to maintain the security of your account we can no longer assist you". I appreciate that they may be doing this because they are following a procedure which is designed to protect my account but they should be trained to have the courtesy to explain that and give the customer a chance to understand.

I realize that Sony did not do anything wrong which caused my primary account to cease functioning as intended. This was done as an honest mistake on my end.

This mistake now means that my family does not have access to any of the games that I have purchased digitally over the years.

I am asking for help on Sony's end so that we can restore our original account or simply transfer the purchases to the new account. I will continue to be a loyal fan of Sony products regardless of the outcome of this request for help as it was our error that caused it, I just simply ask that someone at least tries to help.

Eric

User's recommendation: Depends on outcome.

Product or Service Mentioned: Playstation Website.

Preferred solution: Recover my PSN account.

Sony Pros: Great gaming system.

Sony Cons: Extremely poor customer support.

Comments