I want to make a complaint.
I am writing this email to show my outrage at Sony.
I live in Brazil and I bought a smartphone from Sony in the United States in December 2013.
- Smartphone: Sony Xperia Z1, model C6903, RMA #52414312346.
I'm a fan of technology, I participate in forums like xdadevolopement and I'm always up on the lastest innovations.
I've had smartphones of almost all brands and I never had any problem with them. I decided to try a Sony smartphone.
My sony started to present problems in May 2014. When I plugged the charger he had several errors in the system and I could not use it due to slowness. It was necessary to turn it off, connect the charger, turn it on and then I could use it while it was charging.
So I decided to upgrade the system to see if the problem disappears. After updating, the phone turned on but it didn't charge anymore. After discharge, I could not turn it on anymore. A red LED lights when I plug it in the charger and sometimes the Sony and battery logo appears but without raising the level of battery.
I traveled 6 hours to get to a Sony service here in Brazil and hear that the device could not be repaired here because it was an imported phone. It could not be repaired even if I want to pay for the repair.
I decided to call to USA Sony and a Sony worker asked me to send the phone to Laredo, TX and the phone would be repaired under warranty.
I received the phone with some docs saying that the unit was not repaired because there was a damage at the SIM card port.
The problem with the battery charge occurred while the SIM card was inserted into the cell and running perfectly.
I'm an engineer. I'm not *** to stick a SIM card the wrong way and force it to damage the input.
I never took off my SIM card except to send the device to warranty. I use only one mobile carrier here in Brazil and I have no need to keep taking the SIM card off and putting it on. I didn't even put the SIM card on after the problem appears and I would not risk to pay an expensive shipment from Brazil to the U.S.A. knowing that I had damaged the unit.
Tried to call and they didn't gave me a solution.
My phone went to Sony with one problem and it came with two problems. Now I have a 6 months smartphone that is a trash!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sony Xperia Z1
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am writing to you in good faith. I have been a loyal Sony customer for last 25 years Over the years I have purchased SO MANY products from Sony,..."
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "I decided to sell my old Iphone 4S and came upon the CashforIphone web site. After submitting information about my phone, model, RAM size, condition, etc. the site came..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "Bought the projecter headlights halos for my 2004 ford f150, they look amazing, great fit, install was pretty easy, the only problem is the fact that the headlights are dim,..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."