Sony - Non-repaired cellphone

I want to make a complaint.

I am writing this email to show my outrage at Sony.

I live in Brazil and I bought a smartphone from Sony in the United States in December 2013.

- Smartphone: Sony Xperia Z1, model C6903, RMA #52414312346.

I'm a fan of technology, I participate in forums like xdadevolopement and I'm always up on the lastest innovations.

I've had smartphones of almost all brands and I never had any problem with them. I decided to try a Sony smartphone.

My sony started to present problems in May 2014. When I plugged the charger he had several errors in the system and I could not use it due to slowness. It was necessary to turn it off, connect the charger, turn it on and then I could use it while it was charging.

So I decided to upgrade the system to see if the problem disappears. After updating, the phone turned on but it didn't charge anymore. After discharge, I could not turn it on anymore. A red LED lights when I plug it in the charger and sometimes the Sony and battery logo appears but without raising the level of battery.

I traveled 6 hours to get to a Sony service here in Brazil and hear that the device could not be repaired here because it was an imported phone. It could not be repaired even if I want to pay for the repair.

I decided to call to USA Sony and a Sony worker asked me to send the phone to Laredo, TX and the phone would be repaired under warranty.

I received the phone with some docs saying that the unit was not repaired because there was a damage at the SIM card port.

The problem with the battery charge occurred while the SIM card was inserted into the cell and running perfectly.

I'm an engineer. I'm not *** to stick a SIM card the wrong way and force it to damage the input.

I never took off my SIM card except to send the device to warranty. I use only one mobile carrier here in Brazil and I have no need to keep taking the SIM card off and putting it on. I didn't even put the SIM card on after the problem appears and I would not risk to pay an expensive shipment from Brazil to the U.S.A. knowing that I had damaged the unit.

Tried to call and they didn't gave me a solution.

My phone went to Sony with one problem and it came with two problems. Now I have a 6 months smartphone that is a trash!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Sony Xperia Z1
Review category
review #501553 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sony? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sony. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sony.
Filing a new complaint about