I want to make a complaint.
I am writing this email to show my outrage at Sony.
I live in Brazil and I bought a smartphone from Sony in the United States in December 2013.
- Smartphone: Sony Xperia Z1, model C6903, RMA #52414312346.
I'm a fan of technology, I participate in forums like xdadevolopement and I'm always up on the lastest innovations.
I've had smartphones of almost all brands and I never had any problem with them. I decided to try a Sony smartphone.
My sony started to present problems in May 2014. When I plugged the charger he had several errors in the system and I could not use it due to slowness. It was necessary to turn it off, connect the charger, turn it on and then I could use it while it was charging.
So I decided to upgrade the system to see if the problem disappears. After updating, the phone turned on but it didn't charge anymore. After discharge, I could not turn it on anymore. A red LED lights when I plug it in the charger and sometimes the Sony and battery logo appears but without raising the level of battery.
I traveled 6 hours to get to a Sony service here in Brazil and hear that the device could not be repaired here because it was an imported phone. It could not be repaired even if I want to pay for the repair.
I decided to call to USA Sony and a Sony worker asked me to send the phone to Laredo, TX and the phone would be repaired under warranty.
I received the phone with some docs saying that the unit was not repaired because there was a damage at the SIM card port.
The problem with the battery charge occurred while the SIM card was inserted into the cell and running perfectly.
I'm an engineer. I'm not *** to stick a SIM card the wrong way and force it to damage the input.
I never took off my SIM card except to send the device to warranty. I use only one mobile carrier here in Brazil and I have no need to keep taking the SIM card off and putting it on. I didn't even put the SIM card on after the problem appears and I would not risk to pay an expensive shipment from Brazil to the U.S.A. knowing that I had damaged the unit.
Tried to call and they didn't gave me a solution.
My phone went to Sony with one problem and it came with two problems. Now I have a 6 months smartphone that is a trash!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sony Xperia Z1
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is the sum of the problem:1. Purchased Vaio SVE14A16FGH from Sony Center Store in Delta Plaza, Surabaya, Indonesia for customer at the price of around USD $1200 in 18..."
- "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..."
- "MANTHISSITESUCKS.com singsnapsucks2.com Malicious and Libelous Activity Internet http://www.ripoffreport.com/questionable-activities/manthissitesucks-com/manthissitesucks-com-singsnaps-68fad.htm 3Author3Consumer0Employee/Owner Report Details MANTHISSITESUCKS.com 1902 Pueble Drive Internet United States of America Phone: 9514913283 Web: www.singsnapsucks2.com/ Category: Questionable Activities ArbitrateSet the record straight! Singsnapsucks2.com changed to MANTHISSITESUCKS.com is a hate site..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."