I want to make a complaint.
I am writing this email to show my outrage at Sony.
I live in Brazil and I bought a smartphone from Sony in the United States in December 2013.
- Smartphone: Sony Xperia Z1, model C6903, RMA #52414312346.
I'm a fan of technology, I participate in forums like xdadevolopement and I'm always up on the lastest innovations.
I've had smartphones of almost all brands and I never had any problem with them. I decided to try a Sony smartphone.
My sony started to present problems in May 2014. When I plugged the charger he had several errors in the system and I could not use it due to slowness. It was necessary to turn it off, connect the charger, turn it on and then I could use it while it was charging.
So I decided to upgrade the system to see if the problem disappears. After updating, the phone turned on but it didn't charge anymore. After discharge, I could not turn it on anymore. A red LED lights when I plug it in the charger and sometimes the Sony and battery logo appears but without raising the level of battery.
I traveled 6 hours to get to a Sony service here in Brazil and hear that the device could not be repaired here because it was an imported phone. It could not be repaired even if I want to pay for the repair.
I decided to call to USA Sony and a Sony worker asked me to send the phone to Laredo, TX and the phone would be repaired under warranty.
I received the phone with some docs saying that the unit was not repaired because there was a damage at the SIM card port.
The problem with the battery charge occurred while the SIM card was inserted into the cell and running perfectly.
I'm an engineer. I'm not *** to stick a SIM card the wrong way and force it to damage the input.
I never took off my SIM card except to send the device to warranty. I use only one mobile carrier here in Brazil and I have no need to keep taking the SIM card off and putting it on. I didn't even put the SIM card on after the problem appears and I would not risk to pay an expensive shipment from Brazil to the U.S.A. knowing that I had damaged the unit.
Tried to call and they didn't gave me a solution.
My phone went to Sony with one problem and it came with two problems. Now I have a 6 months smartphone that is a trash!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sony Xperia Z1
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "The company charges you $90.00 a year and promises you if you get the premium membership you will have a better chance of being cast in a Hollywood movie which..."
- "MANTHISSITESUCKS.com singsnapsucks2.com Malicious and Libelous Activity Internet http://www.ripoffreport.com/questionable-activities/manthissitesucks-com/manthissitesucks-com-singsnaps-68fad.htm 3Author3Consumer0Employee/Owner Report Details MANTHISSITESUCKS.com 1902 Pueble Drive Internet United States of America Phone: 9514913283 Web: www.singsnapsucks2.com/ Category: Questionable Activities ArbitrateSet the record straight! Singsnapsucks2.com changed to MANTHISSITESUCKS.com is a hate site..."
- "I have a 96 f150 I bought 3rd hand. This year and model has a recall issued due to the part pictured catching fire. Since I am the 3rd owner..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."