2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Purchased a Sony A7R II camera just 6 weeks ago. Due my schedule I just got time to test it fully about a week ago in Utah for 4 days.

After the first day I went back to my Nikon D810. The battery life is horrible. Charged 4 batteries to 100%. When I put the first battery into the camera it had already lost 14% of it's charge the next day.

After 3 or 4 hours of shooting it was pretty much dead. I only used the rear display to check my shots periodically and use the viewfinder the rest of the time. I wasn't shooting continuously the entire time either. By evening time and shooting shots of the landscape and milky way the second battery was more than 60% gone.

I grabbed my Nikon and finished the shooting for the evening. Still had lots of life in that battery. My conclusion was that this camera can't be used at night or when it's 35 degrees out unless you are carrying pockets full of batteries with you. After I returned from my trip found that B&H return policy was on 30 days and that Sony was very aware of this problem.

I'm out over $3000.00 and don't know if I can get rid of this very new camera on Craigslist or Amazon. This is now the second product I've bought from Sony that is causing me problems. I have one of their newer TV's as well. There is no excuse for this Sony.

Still knowing this they continue to sell the product. Pathetic.

Review about: Sony A7R Ii Photo Camera.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Sony takes this camera back, send me an A7R III and I pay the $400.00 difference to them..

I didn't like: Poor quality.

Comments