This isn't the first time that I've and this issue with this business location. They recently did this to me and I let it go and walked out of the store very frustrated.

This time I'm not letting it go. I went in there specifically to purchase a tv. I had my truck emptied out to drive it home with me that day. I was looking for a particular brand tv that was 65-75" with specific criteria.

The sales person came up to me and they steered me away from what I was looking at and to a particular tv (Sony) and pushed and pushed me to purchase that tv because it was such a great deal. It was a 75" 4k LED tv marked down a couple thousand dollars to $1,799.95. They told me what a great tv it was and why I should buy that particular one (SONY - not a brand I was looking at to buy). They then tried to also sell me HDMI 4K cables and screen cleaner.

She pushed and pushed offering to sell me the tv for $1500 as long as I bought the 5 year service plan at a discounted rate of $300. I finally agreed to purchase after nearly 45 minutes to an hour of her selling me on this specific tv. Keep in mind she brought me to this tv and pulled the price tag directly off of the corner of the tv. I was even told that she just sold this tv to someone else the other day and they loved it.

So someone brought up the tv and she was doing all the paperwork in the computer and right when I was about to give her my credit card I saw that the tv the gentleman brought up didn't look like the tv I just spent nearly an hour being sold on to purchase which really concerned me. After they brought a manager over and they all talked about it for a bit they said that was a different tv and that the one I was being sold on buying was actually $3800. The manager walked away disinterested and that was it. I was irate.

The sales person and another manager continued to talk behind me about how upset I was and they just walked away. How can they possibly advertise a tv this way and tell me how much it's marked down and they just sold one to someone else and then tell me they can't sell it to me for that advertised price and that there must have been a mistake. This is very deceptive and several people are lying about things. I spent nearly an hour being sold on this particular tv by someone that said they sold it to someone else the other day and now this.

This is not acceptable business practice. After agreeing to purchase one particular tv and then when I go to pay they bring me out a different smaller tv is a bait and switch tactic. They told me Sony sets the prices and that's why i'm including SONY as they don't care about the situation either. This isn't acceptable and I would like SONY to make it right.

Beyond that you need to reprimand your reps on the way they due business. They didn't care at all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sony Xbr75 X850d Tv.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: I would never suggest sony to anyone.

I didn't like: Sony total disregard for customer satisfaction, Service center, Bait and switch.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 31, 2016.

Comments