Resolved
3.0
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Aug 04, 2017

Sony finally approved a brand new TV as a replacement for our Lemon. I am pleased with the result, but the process was terrible and I do not trust the quality of this product. I hope we will have no more issues.

Update by user Aug 02, 2017

Update on how this is now developing. They sent out a repair tech who installed new circuit boards and the TV still flashed the 4 lights and was now considered irreparable.

I spoke to customer relations and they said because it was irreparable we would now qualify for a new or re-certified TV. I said that we have already had the TV replaced and only want a brand new TV as an exchange. We will not take a re-certified TV. She assured me the TV we would receive would be brand new and required my invoices on our original and replacement TVS.

They would then call with the exchange info.

Got a call today that because the TV is over 90 days old, they can only give me a re-certified replacement. We were a week over 90 days. I asked for a manager since the guy said he was following the process and I can't have a new TV, and then realized I wasn't even speaking to customer relations whom I have been dealing with since the beginning. I'm tired of being routed through their customer service department which is not even remotely helpful.

Customer relations is sending my request to their upper management to see if they can honor our demand.

If they do not, I will not finish paying for this television on their Sony card. I am not paying over $2000 for a used TV.

Original review posted by user Jul 24, 2017

Bought a XBR 65x900e Sony TV on March 6, 2017. The first delivery would not power up properly and we returned it for a replacement on 4/14/17.

Executed a firmware update on July 22, 2017 and the TV crashed with 4 red lights. The Sony customer service was terrible, they had no idea what they were talking about, rerouted me to phone numbers that were incorrect and when I finally got a customer service person who could help, they refused to replace the TV that their firmware damaged. I was escalated to their customer relations dept, which is a joke. There is no one else to speak to and after 2 bad TVs within 3 months, they referred to the warranty and would not budge.

So now we get a service call, they have to open up the TV and replace a board letting in dust, placing it on it's face, and who knows what else. And I must reiterate that it was damaged by THEIR firmware update.

Their quality control is horrendous. They apparently don't test their updates and I will never purchase another Sony product, ever.

Review about: Sony Xbr65x900e Tv.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Ps4.

I didn't like: Customer service, Customer relations was inflexible, 2 tvs of poor quality in 3 mos and a bad firmware update.

Comments