Sony Qualia 006,
if you own one of these high end units you need to read the following link.
The Qualia 006 has a failing Optical Block, and when it has to be replaced it will cost you around $5000
to have it replaced if it’s out of warranty, this set has a 3yr standard warranty.
This is a must read to all owners of this unit.
Last month, I purchased the Sony Qualia 3 year extended warranty, cost $507, and am I glad I did.
Two weeks ago, I started seeing the green blob, which is getting worse. Repair costs $5500 min. being in Santa Barbara, the closest Sony Auth. Repair is in Camarillo, but closed until June 6. Repair Company in Van Nuys refused to come, even though Sony called them for me. Easiest way to check for the problem is to turn to the memory stick mode with no stick inserted.
To top it off, I also have a 50" SXRD set with the green blob starting. This set is covered under the Sony Class Action suit which Sony lost. From what I have learned, Sony opted for a two piece OB design, which allows for contamination to enter the assembly. The fix (hopefully) is a one piece redesign. Pretty sad that SONY R&D didn't include adequate accelerated life testing. This is really costing them, not even counting the court costs. Legal costs may be even larger when other owners of other models that aren't covered get in the act. Only two Sony SXRD models are currently covered.
My advice to all Qualia owners, don't let your 3 year initial warranty run out without getting an extended warranty.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sony Qualia Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "Will not order from Office Depot again. Ordered a Danby washer on 20 March 2016 and arrived on 1 April 2016. Only after calling to find where my shipment was..."
- "Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012. Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement. Asked for a call when diagnosis was done...."
- "Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring..."
- "ISHRS is a DISGRACE!!International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is a DISGRACE!! This is a NON-COMMERCIAL posting/website. Any statements I make below are my own opinion. For reasons described below, the..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."
- "Had a action figure sent to the house. The box was completely open,missing items,no shipping label. customer service was absolutely horrible. incompetent extremely unhelpful workers. four times I called customer..."