Sony Qualia 006,
if you own one of these high end units you need to read the following link.
The Qualia 006 has a failing Optical Block, and when it has to be replaced it will cost you around $5000
to have it replaced if it’s out of warranty, this set has a 3yr standard warranty.
This is a must read to all owners of this unit.
Last month, I purchased the Sony Qualia 3 year extended warranty, cost $507, and am I glad I did.
Two weeks ago, I started seeing the green blob, which is getting worse. Repair costs $5500 min. being in Santa Barbara, the closest Sony Auth. Repair is in Camarillo, but closed until June 6. Repair Company in Van Nuys refused to come, even though Sony called them for me. Easiest way to check for the problem is to turn to the memory stick mode with no stick inserted.
To top it off, I also have a 50" SXRD set with the green blob starting. This set is covered under the Sony Class Action suit which Sony lost. From what I have learned, Sony opted for a two piece OB design, which allows for contamination to enter the assembly. The fix (hopefully) is a one piece redesign. Pretty sad that SONY R&D didn't include adequate accelerated life testing. This is really costing them, not even counting the court costs. Legal costs may be even larger when other owners of other models that aren't covered get in the act. Only two Sony SXRD models are currently covered.
My advice to all Qualia owners, don't let your 3 year initial warranty run out without getting an extended warranty.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sony Qualia Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "I want to make a complaint. I am writing this email to show my outrage at Sony. I live in Brazil and I bought a smartphone from Sony in the United..."
- "I LIVE IN SOUTH BEND, IN AND ORDERED 4-4PC SPICEY BREAST, 4-SHRIMP BOXES, PAYING A $1 UP CHARGE PER BREAST EACH WITH 4 LARGE MASH POTATOS, 2 HOT PEPPERS, 2..."
- "ISHRS is a DISGRACE!!International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is a DISGRACE!! This is a NON-COMMERCIAL posting/website. Any statements I make below are my own opinion. For reasons described below, the..."
- "THEY ARE THIEVES! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY! I ordered a Paypower cardonline and decided to put $4000 to the account fo my trip that I was planning on for over..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."