I purchased a Sony R520A TV at Costco a week ago.Next to the TV's there was a little stand with tear away sheets offering 6 months free Netflix and Hulu+.
I tried to follow the directions to activate the offer and nothing worked. I called Costco's concierge service and they were unable to help so they conferenced in a Sony rep and we spent over an hour on the phone with Sony trying to convince them that they are in fact offering this promotion. Sony insists that the offer expired 12/21/13, but I'm holding in my hand a piece of paper that says that it is good through 3/31/14. Even with a Costco representative on the line with me, Sony refuse to honor the 6 months free Netflix offer that they are advertising in Costco.
Please see attached photos of said offer. Oh, and for the record, I was informed on Wednesday that this issue was being escalated to their engineering department and they'd get back to me in 48 hrs. 48 HOURS AND AN ENGINEER?!? YOU'RE PULLING SOME GUY OFF A NUCLEAR SUB TO CLIP A NETFLIX COUPON FOR ME?
so they finally call back today and apparently, Sony, it's taken 48 hours and an engineer for you to call me back today to ask me to email you a picture of the coupon WHICH I OFFERED TO DO ON WEDNESDAY! Sony has sky rocketed to the top of my "companies with crappy customer service" list.
To be clear, Costco has been great and is trying to help me with this and Sony won't even listen to them.If Sony won't even listen to Costco, what chance does a consumer have with this company?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sony R520A Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "We had a 20ft. Nash for 10 years with no problems so we decided in 2014 to upgrade to a 24M. The trailer came with two bent stabilizer jacks..."
- "The dress that I purchased is not the same as the photo from catalog! It was wicked cheap material that has been torn, snagged and then repaired in several different..."
- "I ordered 2 items from Dress Lily and when I received the items they were not the correct items I ordered. I wrote to them explaining what..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."
- "THURSDAY/DEC.01,2016: I played Kixeye's Battle Pirate game on Facebook a few days ago. In a campaign called "High Tide" I played and won the first round. The winning prizes are..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."