I purchased a Sony R520A TV at Costco a week ago.Next to the TV's there was a little stand with tear away sheets offering 6 months free Netflix and Hulu+.
I tried to follow the directions to activate the offer and nothing worked. I called Costco's concierge service and they were unable to help so they conferenced in a Sony rep and we spent over an hour on the phone with Sony trying to convince them that they are in fact offering this promotion. Sony insists that the offer expired 12/21/13, but I'm holding in my hand a piece of paper that says that it is good through 3/31/14. Even with a Costco representative on the line with me, Sony refuse to honor the 6 months free Netflix offer that they are advertising in Costco.
Please see attached photos of said offer. Oh, and for the record, I was informed on Wednesday that this issue was being escalated to their engineering department and they'd get back to me in 48 hrs. 48 HOURS AND AN ENGINEER?!? YOU'RE PULLING SOME GUY OFF A NUCLEAR SUB TO CLIP A NETFLIX COUPON FOR ME?
so they finally call back today and apparently, Sony, it's taken 48 hours and an engineer for you to call me back today to ask me to email you a picture of the coupon WHICH I OFFERED TO DO ON WEDNESDAY! Sony has sky rocketed to the top of my "companies with crappy customer service" list.
To be clear, Costco has been great and is trying to help me with this and Sony won't even listen to them.If Sony won't even listen to Costco, what chance does a consumer have with this company?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sony R520A Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "i purchased a very expense tv from sony about 2 years ago. about 2 weeks ago the tv stopped working. i called customer service for them to tell me the..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "I ordered 2 items from Dress Lily and when I received the items they were not the correct items I ordered. I wrote to them explaining what..."
- "We had a 20ft. Nash for 10 years with no problems so we decided in 2014 to upgrade to a 24M. The trailer came with two bent stabilizer jacks..."
- "The dress that I purchased is not the same as the photo from catalog! It was wicked cheap material that has been torn, snagged and then repaired in several different..."