Jackson, Wyoming
2.0

Bought a Viao Tap 21 December 30 2013. Started having problems with primary accounting program 3 months later. Went back and forth between Sony customer service and accounting program customer service. Both companies were off shore. Both said yes it was a problem, but it was not their problem. Took computer to outside tech service and was told it was probably a hardware issue with the computer. Finally in October 2014, Sony tech service did a remote connect. At first they did not know if it was a software/systems problem or hardware problem. After much pushing, I found out there was a hardware issue with this computer.

The long and short of this mess is I bought a computer that quit working properly after just a few months. I could not get anyone at Sony to acknowledge the problem for months. I could not access Sony customer relations, because the web site would not recognize my model number. Off shore people were courteous, but not very knowledgable and had limited resources to resolve issues. They also consistently gave inaccurate information and entered information incorrectly. I had to call several times. I could not find any United States contact information and the few times I was contacted, there was no follow thru.

I have never dealt with such ineptness and lack of desire to resolve a problem. I would have been better off ignoring the warranty and paying non Sony people to fix the computer.

Not only did the computer fail, but when it was sent for repair, it was damaged in shipping from Best Buy I will travel at least 600 miles to get the computer to and from a repair center. I will sacrifice between $2000 and $4000 in earnings, because of the length of time it will take to get the computer repaired. I will get a repaired computer that is basically a refurbished computer. And now I am trapped in the vortex of corporate ineptness. Sony, Best Buy, the Geek Squad and UPS all deny accountability.

Do not buy Sony if you expect warranty coverage. Sony warranty does not exist.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1600. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sony. The most disappointing about sony vaio tap 21 from Sony was customer care and service from repair center Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sony.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Sony to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Sony?

Comments