Sony - Xperia Z1 compact not compatible with their headphones!

4 of 349 Sony reviews

Well, bought a set of Sony in ear wired headphones (MDR-650AP) a few weeks ago. The sound is great but the the remote button/program button is not working. I downloaded apps such as smart connect and smart key and thought it would work....well, no it did not. So, after reading at some forums regarding similar issues I decided to call Sony's customer support here in Sweden. My complaints are:

Complicated just to get hold of the the right department! The first person seem to be surprised and she said she really don't know ho handles the headphones at Sony., what?. So she could not even connect me to the their mobile customer support, which she claimed to be the one taking care of my problem.

Well, I finally got hold of that department and there was a guy informing me he never heard of this problem (which they alway claim they neeeever heard of the particular problem, of course!). Ok, he informed me that that he couldn't understand why my Sony headphones didn't work and there was not going to be any further upgrade to my Xperia Z1 compact, at that moment I was feeling this ain't gonna lead to much more and I asked how they could have apps and all that that don't work and why do Sony not fix it if it is a bug ( which other were suspecting in to be at Sony forums).

So the next step I was advised was to call back to the first department which were supposed to know.

I called again and som guy answers and can't barely hear me, now there was some kind of candid camera thing going on

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design
Ease of Use

• What I liked
    • Lets wait nd see
  • What I disliked
    • Sony total disregard for customer satisfaction
    • Service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Sony Made Ex650Ap
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #904674

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sony? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 349 Sony reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.